I guess it’s good that they tested the camera, I am disappointed that I didn’t get a picture of the nice person working on my Pre. Anyway, rooting the Palm Pre couldn’t be easier, I think it will help them in the long run.
Quick Steps as per predev wiki:
- Download the webOS image.
- Rename this file to .zip, and extract it.
- Untar resources/NovacomInstaller.pkg.tar.gz (tar -xzvf).
- Run NovacomInstaller.pkg.
- Click through the installer.
- Put your Pre in DeveloperMode (upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart)
- Connect to your Mac via USB cable. There is no need to select a mode, as it doesn’t seem to matter.
- cd /opt/nova/bin
- At this point you should have root.
There you go:
Processor : ARMv7 Processor rev 3 (v7l)
BogoMIPS : 498.07
Features : swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp
CPU implementer : 0x41
This is the first interesting thing I found so far:
Anyway, did you find a better picture?
Look in /var/log/hwtest/ted/pics/